TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - False x 3
People Seeking Info

Subject False x 3

Posted by ConVerTT on June 20, 2015 at 5:58 PM
  This message has been viewed 572 times.

In Reply To NA short blocks cannot handle significant boost posted by flashstar on June 20, 2015 at 11:34 AM

Message I am amazed how disinformation propagates as fact over time.

1) wrist pin loading varies with the square of RPM. In other words, wrist pin failures are typically RPM related, not boost related. (I have posted this many times before and posted links to the formulas and refences to Corky Bell discussing this issue specifically as well. The assertion that the wrist pins failures are boost related is false).

2) after trying several combinations of turbos and breather mods and having all of them tuned by SZ, it is pretty clear that the stock NA heads are the bottleneck. A set of stock 40p or 48p would flow better and remove the bottleneck.

3) I currently run 13 psi on 94 octane regularily on my "stage 3" boosted NA and 15 psi on my "full breather mods with sport500s" car. The full breather pushes around 420 rwhp at 3500 ft - stock NA heads on both.

4) BTW - I built the Stage 3 car in 2005 and I have flogged the hell out of it trying to break it.

5) and you are naive if you think you can swap the bottom end, add some new injectors, edit the files in Nistune in "minutes" and be on your way. (i say that having logged probably 3-400 hours with Nistune both prior to and after SZ tuning my cars)

Mixman is correct. Build it, have it propely tuned, drive it.

ConVerTT - 93 Hi Compression TT Convertible (black)
XtraVerTT - 93 Hi Compression TT Convertible (glacier white)
SlickTTop - 96 OBD1 TT Slicktop (black)
Old Yeller - 90 Slicktop NA (PGY)

And their hot Asian Cousin - 01 Acura NSX NA

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.